African American women often encounter many surprises and troubles with their natural hair. It’s either difficult to style or lacks length for versatile impressive hairstyles you can see there on Internet. The other problem is when your hair is getting extremely dry and brittle due to experiments with styling products and styling procedures. Sometimes the only way out in such cases is to have a short haircut and wait for the new healthy growth. Meanwhile the other puzzle that emerges is how to style your short natural hair so that it looks decent. Don’t worry, there are many fantastic stylish hairstyles for your short hair. Here we have collected 75 pictures of the classiest ones.
Your Options in Natural Hairstyles for Short Hair
– Protective updos. They do not only look very stately, they also protect the delicate structure of your hair from the elements and loss of moisture.
– Twists. These take any extra volume under control and look fancy whether you wear them loose or in elegant updos.
– Puffs. A puff is a substitute for a common bun, so loved by African American ladies. When you also introduce twists or elements of braiding into your puff hairstyles, you have all chances to come up with something truly exquisite and eye-catching.
– Mohawks and Fauxhawks. Never going out of fashion, these hairstyles are perfect for black women who are open to bold solutions and extravagant haircuts.
– Finger coils. If you are searching for hairstyles which make a stake on outstanding textures, finger coils are an excellent idea.
The Most Inspiring Natural Short Hairstyles
Check out the ideas below.
1: Flat-Twist with Twist Out
A twist-out is an easy natural hairstyle for short hair that African-American women can use to achieve full curls sans heat. It’s a popular protective style among the “naturalistas”. The style is easy to maintain, it can be slept on without messing up the curl pattern. This look combines a flat twist detail in the front to further protect the edges of the hair, which are the most prone to breakage.
2: Half Shaved Natural Hairstyle
If you are blessed with curly hair and seek a low-maintenance hairstyle, try one of these short natural hairstyles for black women. The sharp lines of the razored sides and triangular sideburns are tomboyish and pair well with poofy curls on top, giving you extra height just where you want it.
3: Cute Natural Tapered Cut
For those trying to figure out new and trendy ways to style short natural hair, go for a tapered cut with trimmed sides, long bangs, and a lot of loose, curly tendrils piled high on the top of the head. Such a hairstyle looks best when you let the curls have a little bit of frizz, so don´t overuse any gels or hair creams.
4: Side-Parted Short Curly Natural Hairstyle
Modern and trendy, this wild afro hairstyle makes the most of your naturally kinky tendrils. The deep side part with laid edges sets off the mass of curls on top, and the copper-tinted ends add even more depth to the individual ringlets.
5: Asymmetrical Side-Swept Afro
Short, natural haircuts can be styled as creatively as longer hair. The side braids that are directed upwards and adorned with golden cuffs give this short hair an extra air of elegance.